Monday, September 22, 2008

MMP Retreat

I attended the Make Mine Pink 1st Annual "Getting Down to Business" Retreat this past weekend in Williamsburg, VA and I had the time of my life from start to finish. I've been a bit tired today as I drove straight home ... for 9 hours ... yesterday! 

Today my website has been out of commission due to my hosting company migrating to new servers, so that has been a bother. If anyone has been trying to get to my site today and couldn't that is the reason why. I have not taken my site down!! Heaven's no!! If you can't get in, please keep trying, it is in the process of being hooked back up. 

I will be posting lots of photos later this evening from the trip and the event. I traveled with the most fun and crazy friend, Inka, of Inkling's Designs, and I have to say that my throat is sore from all the laughing and talking we did together. She is now one of my lifelong friends and I truly had some of the most fun I've ever had traveling with her and I am very happy that we did it! And that we did not get in any more trouble than we did because it would be very easy to get in trouble on the road with Ms. Inka!  She never meets a stranger, I can tell you that!

I want to take a moment to thank Joyce & Jim Lucas and their entire family, especially Katie and Melissa who are the ultimate hostesses, always with a smile and a laugh and very caring and patient with all the questions and situations presented to them. They are phenomenal! From my perspective every aspect of the event went smoothly and elegantly, the food was awesome, the prizes and the Pink Gala were incredible. The tables were absolutely stunning! Everything was fun, fun, fun.  The workshops were informative and comfortable. The SWAG bags were over the top! The displays were indescribable! So much love and effort went into their making and I'm so proud of our Eileen, from Forget Me Not Dreams  for her extraordinarily beautiful and WINNING display! It was truly a work of art and a labor of love for her and she deserved to win the coveted top prize for it. 

I'll be back with pictures soon! XOXO ~ Dianne

2 comments:

Cottage Flair said...

Dianne,
I can't wait to see your pictures. I am so glad everyone had such a wonderful time. Sounds like it was amazing.
Jennifer

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Diane - It sounds like you two had a great time on the road! It was great seeing you again. Love your blog's new look too!