Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Newest Fall OOAK Carrie Purse


My new TOTALLY VINTAGE Carrie Purse makes me soooo ready for for cooler weather, fall festivals and arts & crafts shows! How about you?


UPDATE!: My new purse SOLD already! To one of my best repeat customers! Thank You Susan! I know you will love it! ... And there are more OOAK's on the way, stay tuned!


This OOAK pocketbook was so fun to make. I wish I had enough fabric to make more, but this is a vintage linen I have been saving for a long time and there was only just enough to make this one lovely Carrie handbag.


When I found the gorgeous and unique tatted cluny lace, it was the perfect match for this fabric, then I spotted the little blue metal button with the rhinestone center in my stash of vintage buttons, and was inspired to add a whole row of unique vintage buttons.


The runched calico handles are so sweet and comfy, I know I'll have to create more bags with those kinds of handles again soon!


The second photo is truer to the color. I took the first one on the table in my entry and just could not get the pinkish tint out of the image. The fabric is a creamy linen and the leaf print is in shades of ecru, tan, denim blues, and there are little golden-yellow berries and tiny flowers sprinkled about.


I've got the fever now to make lots more pretty Fall purses, so if you aren't the lucky one to snag this one ... keep tabs on the new listings here on the blog, or join my newsletter, or bookmark the site! I hope to add new creations every few days.


Thanks for looking! AND please comment.. I love feedback!!

4 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

That is a fabulous purse...I don't think it will be around for long.

(( ))
Francie

Roxie Morrow said...

I really love the colors of this one Dianne. I have a passion for blue and this is no exception. Great job!

Cathy said...

Dianne,

Love the new bag. And.... thank you for the congrats on my Pink Fairy Cottage Article. I'm thrilled to bits.

Janet L Christian said...

I love the handles on your bags.