Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
My Annie Tote is pure fun, a casual, medium size tote with retro flowers, a scalloped edge top that folds over to reveal the other side, nice & big lined pockets inside and out ... and polka-dots! The strap cleverly slips through buttonholes on either side and is knotted in place, oh and the tote is fully reversible!
My Daisy Tote is a shopper's dream! Filled with pockets, big ones, medium ones, cell phone pocket... you can carry everything and be organized. You could even tote your laptop! I used velcro for the closures so you don't have to worry about magnets messing up your computer! This tote is so versatile, and so pretty! The peachy pink Moda fabric on front has bright red flowers and smaller white, pink and blue ones too. On back I used a Moda coordinate with cheery berry and vine designs. Inside is a luxurious quilted white lining with red polka dot trimmed pockets. Finished off with a vintage red button on the tab closure and a ultra comfy quilted and sturdy shoulder strap!Enjoy!
Two of my dear sweet Pink Sisters, Trisha from My2Roses and Kimberly from MyPinkBoutique both tagged me this week for a fun game - and it's my first time being tagged so I'm excited to be thought of and to play!
Here's how it works ... each player starts with 7 random weird facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
So, I only have to name 7 things right, not 14 because I was tagged twice! I'm sure I could find 14, but I'll stick with 7! I read the other lists weirdness and thought them pretty normal so I must be really weird! Hmmm, ok, here's my top 7 weird things I'm willing to share ...
- My husband and I are psychic with each other. We say the same things at the same time, even when we are in different rooms. The kids are used to it now, but it still even causes us to look at each other and shake our heads. We think things to each other when we are apart and somehow the other one hears it. It's pretty weird, but very real and has been happening for over 6 years now.
- I have no hair on my legs. None. It doesn't grow, I never have to shave my legs. I'm not making this up! I don't know why or what causes it ... but I'm glad I have it!
- I have a photographic memory for color. I can match up colors perfectly without having a sample with me of what I'm matching to.
- My eyes are very very green. People think I wear colored contacts to make them look so green, but in fact my contacts are a very pale blue that doesn't seem to tone down the green. My husbands eyes are also green, and green is our favorite color.
- I am a magazine-aholic. I love decorating magazines like candy and I cannot throw them away. I get ideas and refer to them over and over again. I from the oldest ones just so I'll have room for the new ones each month, but I still have hundreds of them on hand, everywhere. I organize them by type and season so at any given time of the year I can find all the ones that I need for inspiration. I have kept every single copy I ever got of Victoria magazine because it was my fav and I could never bear to cut them up! (It's being published again later this year... YAY!) I would be rich if I had all the money back that I've spent just on magazines.
- I never finish a diet coke. I always have one with me, it's a kind of liquid security blanket. I notoriously leave half full cans or bottles everywhere. If I were ever lost, I could be found by the CSI guys by just following a trail of half full bottles of diet coke. I buy it in the plastic bottles so I can seal them and rotate them in and out of the fridge and actually end up drinking the whole thing. At any given time there are 2 or 3 half bottles in the fridge.
- I have a split personalitywhen it comes to orderliness. I am obsessed with the idea of being organized and decluttering my environment. I want to be a clean freak, I have the organizational skills, and I would love to live in a serene, simplified manner, but I also have ADHD and I am a creative soul and those two traits battle for power over the organized part of me. I control the ADHD with meds and compensating skills, but when I am creating I am in another universe and fabric, threads, paper, notions and trims fly about the room like the toys swirling about in Poltergiest and when I'm done I cannot believe the mess I've made while creating something totally beautiful! LOL! I'm possessed during the creative process, then my clean persona comes out and has to clean it all up before I start the next project.
Whew, now you all know a little more of my weirdness than you suspected! My turn to pick 7 others to tag... have fun my friends and I can't wait to read your weirdnesses!
I am tagging:
- Amy at The Cottage Gate
- Deb at Barberry Field
- Lyndsay at The Shabby Suite
- Dawn at My Hydrangea Home
- Karen at Sweet Necessi-Teas
- Lori at Katies Rose Cottage
I hope I tagged you all before someone else did. Please let me know when you post your list!